Airport Express Service
Airport Express is the fastest way to get to the downtown (Kowloon or Hong Kong Island). The journey between the airport and Hong Kong station (Central) takes 24 minutes and the express train runs every 10 minutes from 5:50am to 1:15am daily. The Airport Express Line comprises five stations: Asia-World Expo Station, Airport Station, Tsing-Yi Station, Kowloon Station and Hong Kong Station.
AE passengers can use the following services:
- Free porter service at the Airport, Tsing Yi, Kowloon and Hong Kong stations.
- Free return journey if you travel within the same day. This offer is applicable to both Octopus Card and Same Day Return Ticket holders.
- Free MTR connections for Octopus holders.
- Free shuttle bus service between Hong Kong or Kowloon station and major hotels or railway interchanges.
- Free in-town check-in service.
- Wi-Fi service on trains and stations.
- Left Baggage Service.
Fares, Tickets, Timetable & Journey Time
For rides on the Airport Express passengers may choose one of the following ticket types:
- Octopus Card. Octopus holders can enjoy a free return journey within the same day (except a journey between the airport and AsiaWorld-Expo). For more information, please visit Octopus Card.
- Airport Express Single Journey Ticket. It is valid ONLY on the purchase date and used for a single journey on the Airport Express. The ticket can be purchased at any Airport Express customer service center or ticket issuing machine.
- Airport Express Same Day Return Ticket. It is the same as the single journey ticket (price, valid period and places of purchase), but comprises a free return journey within the same day (except a journey between the airport and AsiaWorld-Expo).
- Airport Express Round Trip Ticket. Valid for 30 days from the purchase date, it provides a discount up to 22% on a return journey between the airport and the designated station. The ticket can be purchased at any Airport Express customer service center, except AsiaWorld-Expo station, or online.
- Airport Express Travel Pass. Specially designed for tourists, this smart card comprises one or two Airport Express journeys and any 3 consecutive days of unlimited rides on the MTR, Light Rail and MTR Bus (except East Rail Line First Class, and travel to/from Lo Wu or Lok Ma Chau stations). Also, it can be used as a standard adult Octopus. The travel pass can be purchased at any Airport Express or designated MTR customer service centers on the price of HK$220/HK$300 respectively. The valid period is 180 days from the purchase date. For more information, please visit Airport Express Travel Pass.
|Fare Table (HK$)||Octopus Card||Single Journey||Same Day Return||Round Trip|
|Adult - including persons aged 65 or above;
Child - aged 3 - 11;
Free for children under 3 years.
|Airport - Tsing Yi||$60||$30||$60||$30||$60||$30||$110|
|Airport - Kowloon||$90||$45||$90||$45||$90||$45||$160|
|Airport - Hong Kong||$100||$50||$100||$50||$100||$50||$180|
|Airport - AsiaWorld-Expo||$5||$2.5||$5||$2.5||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|AsiaWorld-Expo - Tsing Yi||$60||$30||$60||$30||$60||$30||N/A|
|AsiaWorld-Expo - Kowloon||$90||$45||$90||$45||$90||$45||N/A|
|AsiaWorld-Expo - Hong Kong||$100||$50||$100||$50||$100||$50||N/A|
For those who travel in a group or family (up to 4 persons) there are group tickets, which provide discounts up to 40%. The tickets are valid on the day of issue only and can be purchased at any Airport Express Customer Service Centre (except AsiaWorld-Expo Station)
|Fare Table (HK$)||Group of 2||Group of 3||Group of 4|
|Airport - Tsing Yi||$90||$125||$150|
|Airport - Kowloon||$140||$190||$220|
|Airport - Hong Kong||$160||$210||$250|
|Route||First Train||Last Train|
|The trains run every 10 minutes.|
|Airport ›› City||5:54am||12:48am|
|Hong Kong ›› Airport||5:50am||12:48am|
|Kowloon ›› Airport||5:53am||12:52am|
|Tsing Yi ›› Airport||6:00am||12:59am|
|Airport ›› AsiaWorld-Expo||6:15am||1:13am|
|AsiaWorld-Expo ›› Airport / City||6:00am||12:45am|
Airport ‹‹ ›› Tsing Yi - 13 mins.
Airport ‹‹ ›› Kowloon - 21 mins.
Airport ‹‹ ›› Hong Kong - 24 mins.
Airport ‹‹ ›› AsiaWorld-Expo - 1 min.
AsiaWorld-Expo ‹‹ ›› Tsing Yi - 17 mins.
AsiaWorld-Expo ‹‹ ›› Kowloon - 25 mins.
AsiaWorld-Expo ‹‹ ›› Hong Kong - 28 mins.
Free MTR Connections
Passengers who paid their rides on the Airport Express by Octopus Card can enjoy free MTR connections (including rides to Lo Wu or Lok Ma Chau stations) within one hour. Click here for more information.
Free Airport Express Shuttle Bus Service
Airport Express passengers may use this service for traveling between Hong Kong or Kowloon station and major hotels or key transport interchanges. There are seven routes. Hong Kong Island is served by two routes and Kowloon is served by other five routes.
|Route||Stop (hotel or railway interchange)|
|To & From Hong Kong Station|
|H1, H2 and K5 run every 20 minutes from 06:12am to 11:12pm.
K1, K2, K3 and K4 run every 12 minutes from 06:12am to 11:12pm.
|H1 - To Admiralty,
Wan Chai & Western District
Stop 1 - Island Shangri-La Hotel
Stop 2 - Conrad Hong Kong
Stop 3 - Pacific Place
Stop 4 - JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong
Stop 5 - Empire Hotel Wanchai
Stop 6 - The Wharney Guang Dong Hotel Hong Kong
Stop 7 - Novotel Century Hong Kong
Stop 8 - Holiday Inn Express Hong Kong Soho
Stop 9 - Ibis Hong Kong Central & Sheung Wan
Stop 10 - Best Western Hotel Harbour View
Stop 11 - Island Pacific Hotel Hong Kong
|H2 - To Causeway Bay,
Fortress Hill & Wan Chai North
Stop 1 - Empire Hotel Causeway Bay
Stop 2 - Metropark Hotel Causeway Bay Hong Kong
Stop 3 - Regal Hongkong Hotel
Stop 4 - Rosedale on the Park
Stop 5 - The Park Lane Hong Kong
Stop 6 - The Excelsior
Stop 7 - Harbour Grand Hong Kong
Stop 8 - City Garden Hotel
Stop 9 - HK Convention and Exhibition Centre
Stop 10 - Renaissance Harbour View Hotel
|To & From Kowloon Station|
|K1 - To Hung Hom & Jordan||
Stop 1 - Jordan Station (Austin Road)
Stop 2 - Hung Hom Station
Stop 3 - Harbour Plaza Metropolis
Stop 4 - Whampoa Garden (Tak On Street)
Stop 5 - Harbour Grand Kowloon
Stop 6 - Eaton Hong Kong
Stop 7 - Austin Station
|K2 - To Tsim Sha Tsui
Stop 1 - Prince (Marco Polo Hotels)
Stop 2 - Gateway Hotel
Stop 3 - Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel
Stop 4 - The Kowloon Hotel / The Peninsula Hong Kong
Stop 5 - The Langham Hong Kong
Stop 6 - The Royal Pacific Hotel & Towers / China Ferry Terminal
|K3 - To Tsim Sha Tsui
Stop 1 - Holiday Inn Golden Mile
Stop 2 - Hyatt Regency Hong Kong Tsim Sha Tsui
Stop 3 - Regal Kowloon Hotel
Stop 4 - Hotel Icon
Stop 5 - Hotel Nikko Hong Kong
Stop 6 - InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong
Stop 7 - Kowloon Shangri-La Hong Kong
|K4 - To Tsim Sha Tsui||
Stop 1 - Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers / East Tsim Sha Tsui Station
Stop 2 - Park Hotel Hong Kong
Stop 3 - The Luxe Manor
Stop 4 - Empire Hotel Kowloon
Stop 5 - B P International Hotel
|K5 - Yau Ma Tei & Mong Kok||
Stop 1 - The Cityview Hong Kong
Stop 2 - Metropark Hotel Kowloon
Stop 3 - Royal Plaza Hotel
Apart from the hotels above, there is a number of hotels nearby to those stops.
|The list of hotels nearby (within 100 meters from the bus stop)|
|60 West Hotel||H1||9|
|CHI Residences 138||H1||11|
|Grand Hyatt Hong Kong||H2||9|
|Hotel Panorama by Rhombus||K3||2|
|Hotel Pennington by Rhombus||H2||3|
|J Plus Boutique Hotel||H2||3|
|Lanson Place Hotel||H2||3|
|Metropark Hotel Wanchai Hong Kong||H1||5|
|Newton Hotel Hong Kong||H2||7|
|Ramada Hotel Kowloon||K4||2|
|The Anne Black - YWCA Hotel||K5||2|
|The Burlington Hotel||H1||5|
|The Kimberley Hotel||K4||3|
|The Royal Garden Hotel||K3||3|
|The Salisbury-YMCA of Hong Kong||K2||4|
|V Causeway Bay||H2||3|
Free In-town Check-in Service
Before getting back to the airport after the trip or holiday you can take advantage of the free in-town check-in service at the Hong Kong and Kowloon stations. This service is available for most of airlines, except few. Passengers can check-in their luggage and get boarding passes in advance from one full day as the earliest time to 90 minutes as the latest time. It is very convenient if your flight at night or early morning. You may check-in up to 24 hours prior to departure (depending of an airline) and enjoy the remaining time. The service hours of check-in counters at the aforementioned stations are from 5:30am to 12:30am. If you use Octopus, the fare for the Airport Express journey will be deducted when you enter the check-in area. There is no further deduction when you pass through the platform entry gates to board the train.
The list of airlines providing in-town check-in service is available here.
Left Baggage Service
This service is provided at the following stations: Tsing Yi Station, Kowloon Station and Hong Kong Station.
Service Hours: 6:00am – 1:00am daily.
- Up to 3 hours: HK$40 per piece of luggage.
- 3-24 hours: HK$55 per piece of luggage.
- 24-48 hours: HK$130 per piece of luggage.
- Each subsequent 24 hours or part thereof: HK$80 per piece of luggage.
The piece of luggage is a luggage with dimensions 85cm x 85cm x 29cm or below and with weight 30kg or below. The charge for an oversized or overloaded luggage will be calculated separately.
- Airport Express Travel Pass is for tourists ONLY, who have been in Hong Kong for less than 14 days at the time of purchase.
Hints & Tips
|Service||Number||24-hour MTR Hotline||+852 2881 8888|
|Lost Property Office / Student Travel Card Office||+852 2861 0020|
|Enquiries. Hong Kong Station||+852 2523 3627|
|Enquiries. Kowloon Station||+852 2736 0162|